Aiming to promote scientific and clinical research from an early stage, we encourage health science students to submit their research project abstracts. The Research Competition therefore offers a unique set where undergraduate and recently graduated students can experience the research world.
If your work is among the best you will have the chance to present your research results to congress attendees while competing for prizes.
If you would like to receive an email with all the information required to sign up for the AIMS Meeting Research Competition when the Competition opens, please fill this form. If not, this webpage will have all the required information on October 31st.
The Research Competition is now open!
The Research Competition is composed of two parallel categories: the Basic Research Category and the Clinical Research Category. The candidates in each category compete within the category, and in each one the top two winners will be selected.
There are three different phases in the Research Competition:
· Abstract Submission Phase
The Abstract Submission phase is open on November 1st 2017 and will end on December 22nd 2017 at 23h59 GMT+0h00. In order to submit your abstract, you must:
- Carefully read the Research Competition Guidelines here.
- Submit the Research Competition Registration Form. There, you will chose whether to submit your abstract to the Basic Research Category or the Clinical Research Category. Check the Research Competition Guidelines for more information.
- Download the Abstract Submission Form and fill it in.
- Send the Abstract Submission Form in Word format (do not convert to any other format) and a copy of your passport/identity card and student identity card to email@example.com with the subject “FULL NAME – Abstract Submission”.
You will find out if your abstract was accepted for presentation in the Congress on January 15th 2018.
· Poster Sessions
The Poster Sessions are divided in two days and will happen on March 16th and 17th, Friday and Saturday, in the Congress venue. You will present your poster on either day to a jury composed of researchers and physicians of scientific excellence and of various backgrounds.
· Plenary Sessions
The best poster presentations in each category will be selected, and will be presented orally in the Plenary Session, which will happen on March 18th, Sunday. There, the best three presentations in each category will be selected and the winners announced.
The top three winners in each category (Basic or Clinical) will be recognized during the conference and receive prizes that may vary in each edition.
This edition’s winners in each Category (Basic Research and Clinical Research) will be awarded:
- 1st prize: 2000€ research grant sponsored by Fundação AstraZeneca
- 2nd prize: 500€ research grant sponsored by Fundação AstraZeneca
- Internships at Champalimaud Clinical Centre, Lisbon, for the Clinical Research 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes
- Internships at Champalimaud Foundation and Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência, Lisbon, for the Basic Research 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.
More prizes will be announced soon! Follow our Facebook page for more information on the congress.
We suggest you to carefully read our Research Competition Guidelines for more detailed information.
Abstract Submission – November 1 to December 22, 2017
Abstract Evaluation Results – January 15, 2018
Poster Sessions – March 16 and 17, 2018
Plenary Session – March 18, 2018