This edition, we decided to offer our participants a whole new experience in this Competition, with a new shape and first prize winner.
There will be two distinct phases:
- Preliminary Round
In this phase, you will compete with your partner against the remaining 98 participants. The 4 duos with the best results are admitted to the next phase.
- Final Round
In this phase, the 8 participants compete individually against each other, for the final prizes.
The top three winners will be awarded:
- 1st prize: 1 Week Internship in WFIRM (Wake Forest Institute of Regenerative Medicine), with our Technology and Innovation speaker Dr. Anthony Atala, the world’s leading expert in Organ 3-D Printing, with all transportation to and from Lisbon and accommodation included!
- 2nd and 3rd prizes: Robins Cotran Basic Pathology 2017.
- All three winners will also be awarded a one-year Amboss subscription.
In this new format, each participant is required to register in a team of 4 elements (or individually, and we will pair you up with other participants), and all must be in a clinical year (4th-6th). The competition will enroll in two distinct phases, a Preliminary Round in which Each team will answer 10 questions based on a clinical case, testing the participants’ knowledge on the different branches of clinical medicine, and compete for a place in the next phase. Only 4 teams will be qualified to the Final Round where the competition starts to acquire a single-elimination format.
There will be two semifinals, with teams competing for a place in the final. Each team, at the same time, will be responsible for a patient in a specific scenario and is expected to complete the required clinical procedures in a limited time using interactive simulators.
This state of the art technology allows the team to immerse in a dynamic clinical environment and act as real doctors, adapting and responding to every action performed.
The two finalist teams will compete for the final prize. Does your team have what it takes to win the competition and acclaim the prize?
All four elements of the winning team will get:
- A 2 weeks internship at Hospital Beatriz Ângelo in a specialty of your choice (availability may depend on circumstances).
- An Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine 2017.
- A Body Interact subscription.
- A one-year Amboss subscription.