The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lisbon (FMUL) is Portugal’s largest Faculty of Medicine and it was founded in 1911. Only in 1953 did the faculty move to Hospital de Santa Maria, its current location.
Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lisbon
In 2004, the Egas Moniz building, which is a research oriented complex, was inaugurated. It serves both the Faculty and Instituto de Medicina Molecular (iMM Lisboa), one the most recognized portuguese research institutes.
Currently, FMUL, in cooperation with iMM and Hospital de Santa Maria, all integrate the Lisbon’s Medicine Academic Center (CAML), which represents an innovative structural concept for research and medical practice.